Monday, September 28, 2009

Lasagna bolognese

Lasagna is a popular baked pasta dish that is made of layers of pasta with different types of filling… Some delicious filling include a meat sauce (like the one I’m making), spinach, sausage, pumpkin, eggplant etc… It takes a bit of effort to make lasagna but it’s definitely worthwhile… I am feeling a bit more ‘hardworking’ today so I plan to turn my bolognese sauce to lasagna…

Lasagna is not an everyday food as it is quite rich and filling… I am exploring recipes for a low fat version using cottage cheese and till I find one I like, I’m happy with my usual recipe…  The total time required to make this lovely dish from scratch range from 2-3 hours (including baking time)… My lasagna layers were made of no-cook lasagna sheets, meat sauce, bĂ©chamel sauce, parmesan cheese and some low fat cheddar on top of the layers…

DSC00948 

I baked the lasagna for 45mins until golden brown and the whole kitchen smelled like bakery!!!…

DSC00951

I served the lasagna with some tossed salad in balsamic vinaigrette… Yummy!!!… Now, I better go to the gym tomorrow…

DSC00959

Cost/serving: Between RM4.50-5.50

3 comments:

  1. How come I don't get invited for dinners? :( hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to come for dinner Nick? Sure.. Come to the blog often enough and I will even pick you up from your house

    ReplyDelete