Friday, July 31, 2009

Braised Longevity Noodle with Egg Sauce

DSC00712

Wat-Tan-Hor (Kuey teow with creamy egg sauce) is a popular local ‘tai chow’ dish… The kuey teow is fried in oil and seasoning before topping it off with a thick egg-based gravy…  I made a dish similar to ‘Wat-Tan-Hor’ but with half the fat and made with homemade chicken stock… Since I don’t use MSG or similar seasonings, I always have real chicken stock in my kitchen to give flavour to my dishes… Every time I have extra chicken bones and carcasses, I will boil some stock for 3-4 hours and reduce it to a gelatinous consistency and freeze in ice cube trays…

Good thing about quick meals like the above is that we can throw in whatever we have in the fridge… I have some oyster mushrooms, Chinese cabbage, prawns and meat balls in my fridge… Great… We have a balanced diet!!!…

Cost/serving: RM 2.80

No comments:

Post a Comment