Thursday, August 6, 2009

Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperoncino with Pan-seared Salmon

DSC00705

“Alio Olio Pepperoncino” simply means garlic, oil and pepper… I can have this pasta EVERYDAY!!!… It’s sooo easy to make and it saves my day when the cupboard is almost bare… This sauce is so versatile that anything can be added to it… bell peppers, mushrooms, aubergine, sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and the meal is instantly transformed!!!…

A serving normally costs less than a ringgit and a more fancy version just slightly more… I added salmon today since it was on promo @ Jusco supermarket… Besides, I also added some enoki and oyster mushrooms…

Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperoncino

Ingredients:

500g spaghetti
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2-3 whole dried chillies or 1 tsp chilli flakes
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tblsp chopped parsley (optional)
Salt and black pepper
Chicken stock (optional)

Method

Cook pasta until al dente according to manufacturer’s instructions.  Meanwhile, heat a saucepan and add olive oil, garlic, parsley and dried chillies for 1 min. Do not overcook as the garlic will taste bitter. Remove chilli if using whole and add stock if using.

When pasta is ready, drain water and add to the saucepan. Toss well and season with salt and black pepper.

Serves 4-6

Note: The dish will taste better if you use chicken stock or even better, white wine…

Pan-seared Salmon: As for the salmon, I just season the fish with some salt, black pepper and lemon juice and pan-fry in a non-stick pan in a little oil until 90% done. I prefer to eat it a little under-cooked…

Cost/Serving: RM 5 with salmon and RM 0.90 without. In my family, a packet of 500g pasta can feed 6 so I calculate my cost accordingly…

No comments:

Post a Comment